By anitagould, 11-Jul-2012 08:52:00
1. Create account / profile / logo or photo
TIP: Custom make your background with your logo, go to Settings then Design.
2. Start following people you may know and search for new people to follow using keywords in the search such as “freelancer” or “property” whatever may be relevant to you.
TIP: Use apps to create automatic replies to thank new followers for following you, not too sales like though we don’t want to put potential followers off.
3. Build a fan base.
TIP: Build a fan base by interacting with others, you can re-tweet interesting tweets that others have written (they should thank you for it as a whole new follower base will see their name and tweet!) You can also reply to tweets to build a conversation.
4. Write 140 character bursts of product knowledge, company updates, interesting facts, tips and hints etc.
TIP: See relevant topics by typing # and then the subject in the search box, see who is active that you may like to follow. Use # with subject matter in your tweets. Offer knowledge.
5. Tweet regularly enough to be remembered, not too much to bore your followers. Remember… you can be unfollowed.
TIP: Don’t just sell!
By guest, 27-Mar-2012 15:20:00
Facebook lovers out there are going through some difficult times right now due to the ever changing interface of the facebook profile. As always there is another big change to facebook which some users might not be too keen on!
Having just started a business page on facebook myself, Sprint Networking, I thought how will I get the likes on my page now? Will people get confused with the new timeline layout?
Actually when I previewed the timeline layout, I realised it is not as bad as I thought and I decided to embrace it and go live! (You were able to make changes and flip back to the old style of facebook before it became permanent on 30th March.)
My 3 tips:
1 Choose Great Images (You should choose 2 now):
• Instead of the custom profile picture, there will now be space for two images.
• Use this to your advantage and pick two images that represent your brand most effectively.
• You may decide that your logo suits your profile picture best and choose something else that you feel shows your business off as your banner.
• You can upload photos of people or places. You can even get custom made banners for facebook but for a business page you must think about your brand. The banner image is probably what your new fans will see first so it is ideal for telling people about you and what you do.
• Be aware though, on your banner you are prohibited from using: pricing information; contact information as it should be elsewhere in your page; facebook images such as the “like” image; calls to action ie “like us now”.
2 Highlight and Hide:
• When you have particularly important posts, take note that you can highlight some of your posts. If there are less important posts in your history, you can also hide them from your timeline. These will still be in your personal history.
• Hover over the top right hand corner of the post and you will see a star or cross to highlight or hide.
• If you highlight something, it becomes horizontal across the timeline and stands out more.
• The timeline is great for images. Photos stand out so do make full use of this if appropriate.
3 Tidy it Up:
• Make the most of your content and making your images stand out.
• Businesses used to use Welcome pages as a way of getting attention from new fans. Now however, we must be a little more creative. With the timeline setup, welcome or landing pages cease to have a purpose and we will automatically see the wall of your page.
• The timeline layout shows all of your history as a facebook page. Make sure you look through everything and tidy up what need not be there.
I hope this has been helpful, happy facebooking everyone!
For further advice or to discuss how you can improve your online networking, please contact me on the details below.
Sprint Networking - Your Business, first to the finish line
Online Social Media Specialists
Phone: 07734 713 105
Please comment and let me know if this was this useful. Do you like timeline?
You are viewing the text version of this site.
Need help? check the requirements page.